Monday, August 1, 2016

This is It

I guess that this is my last time writing home in the mission. I´m not really sure how I feel about that. I have a problem with recognizing how I´m feeling I think. Maybe I´m kinda in denial of what´s actually happening. Like 2 weeks ago I was panicking about coming home but now I´m pretty indifferent about all of this.

ANYWAYS, this was a good week. We had 3 interchanges so that was pretty killer. One of them was with a missionary that hasn´t been doing very well and I think he wants to go home like.. right now. But instead of him it´s me :D

Anyways, we found a new investigator this week named R. He´s 20 years old and is studying in the university here in Pisco. He got out of the air force after two years recently and i think they hit them a lot because he´s super traumatized. We taught some good restoration stuff and he had a ton of questions. We went to go pick him up for church on Sunday and that was super awesome. He liked it and the members were all super supportive.

Anyways I guess I´m supposed to like share my testimony and stuff in my last letter home. It´s kinda hard for me to do this because I feel like I´m still not going home so we´ll see how this goes.

The mission isn´t easy. Basically no part of it is easy. It´s been very hard, every day is a challenge and requires constant self-motivation and diligence. It´s basically like God just grabs you and puts you everywhere that ISN´T your comfort zone. You have to just learn how to deal with it, and then you have to learn how to be happy and deal with it. I´m glad to say that I´ve been happy as I´ve done it. The opportunity I've had to get to meet and talk to SO MANY people has been incredible. Just learning how to do everything and how to talk to people and get a long and help them with their doubts, especially when they almost never understand why you´re talking to them and many of them are kinda hostile. Working in companionship's is a very patience building, social skills stressing experience. I've learned things in these two years that I probably would have taken like 5 years to learn in a marriage situation.

I feel kinda sad about leaving everything behind. There are so many things that I´ll miss about Peru. I love the people here and I worry about them for when I leave. I wish I could do more to help them but I´ve done all I can and have put my best effort. I feel bad sometimes for my weaknesses but I´ve never felt bad about the effort I´ve put. When I talk about my mission I have a rush of faces go through my head of people I´ve taught and loved - I´ve learned that being here is all about the people. I hope I can be enduring as I remember the things I´ve learned in this time.

Definitely not something I would ever regret.

Well, I´m not sure if I´ll get onto this email again before I get back. I hope that everything is coordinated and that you guys have the information about what time my flight gets in and everything lolol.

I´ll be home on Tuesday next week I´m pretty sure.

I love you guys and am excited to see you again.

Elder Mitchell

p.s. the family we were teaching in villa maria got baptized :DDDDD

 

No comments:

Post a Comment