Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 17, 2014

Woes of a sick missionary

So just so you know, I do read your emails. Im usually in a big rush to upload pictures and reply to you and nancy and people so sorry I don't reply directly to what you've sent.

As the title reads, I have been very sick. Likely deathly ill. Like ohmygoshimgoingtodie sick.

It started on Thursday. I got a runny nose. It was a really bad runny nose where I'm blowing my nose like every 5 minutes, it sucked. It continued on like that through fridaySaturday I woke up, I could breath just fine and I went through my classes and everything and I felt AMAZING all day long. We played soccer and it was really fun. We do that every day. Anyways, Sunday comes around and I woke up feeling kinda bleh. It wasn't really bad. I wore a sweater and i brought my coat because it rains here a lot. Like monsoon. You'll see in the pictures. The power goes out and stuff and its weird. Actually the power just goes out randomly a lot, it's dumb. Anyways, I started getting cold around noon on sunday. I ate like a small bowl of soup for lunch because I wasn't really hungry and I was very sore all over. Over the next like 2 hours I started totally freezing through my suitcoat and my coat. I was dying I was so cold and all of my muscles and my skin and every just hurt crazy bad. I was in a lot of pain and I was just freezing. So I talked to my district leader and he talked to the zone leaders and they said I should go back to the house to take a nap. So we go back the house and I was feeling really bad, I was in a lot of pain. I took some ibuprofin and laid down. I slept for like 2 hours or something in my suitcoat and other coat because I was freezing and I woke up burning alive obviously. So I take it all off and take my temperature. It was 102 degrees. I got dressed and we went to dinner. I didn't eat anything because I felt like I was going to die. I didn't want to go to the infermary because the doctor doesn't work on sundays and we would have to call him. He lives here at the ccm but I still didn't want to do that.

After dinner I decided that I didn't really want to die so I went to the reception office and called the doctor and told him that I needed him to help me not die. So I went over to his office thing and I thought I was going to die the whole time. He took my temperature and it was still 102. So he gave me some pepto bismol and told me to buy moreon monday and I went back home. We left Elder Krantz somewhere else so it was just me and Elder Warnick who went back to the house because there are other things going on during sunday afternoons. We got back to the room and I took 2 of the pepto bismol as instructed because I was feeling nauseous, and of course I immediately just threw all of it up. Then I spent the next 14 hours just laying around in my garments waiting for death or throwing up a bunch of stomache acid because I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast other than that soup. I didn't really sleep well, I kept waking up to go to the bathroom, which  wasn't that fun. The whole district came over to our house on Sunday night to do a devotional thing because they knew I wouldn't be able to go at the classroom. I had Elder Warnick give me a blessing at the end. As soon as the blessing was over, I stood up, ran to the bedroom, and threw up, then I ran into the bathroom, threw up some more, and then finished cleaning out everything in my bowels in other ways. Within like an hour the fever had gone down to 99, so that was good.

On monday I was sick but I didn't have a fever. My stomach hurt a lot. Like horrific stomach pains every few minutes, but we got through the day. I pretty much just slept on this desk thing in the back of the class because I don't speak spanish very well when I'm dying.

Anyways, today is p day and we played soccer, I made at least one goal, maybe two. We got our haircut, I'll send you a picture of the result. Other than the sickness everything is pretty monotonous. We just study all day, that's it. Then we teach investigators and whatever. The teachers keep telling me really long stories about sick people and they keep patting my stomach as if it will make me feel better and they were eating pizza and it made me want to throw up in some tin foil and eat it.

Lots of love,
Elder mitchell

Also, I like to draw things on the board when the teachers aren't around. Also our night teacher Hermana Silva likes adventure time so I drew her some stuff. Then I put that it's from somewhere else because yolo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment