Monday, May 11, 2015

May 5, 2015

So there was a new transfer that started this week so that's why I'm emailing on Tuesday.

We won't know who the district leaders are until tonight or tomorrow in the morning.

Really not much happened this week. I'm with my new companion. Elder N was from Bolivia. My new companion's name is Elder A, he is from Bolivia also. He was also in the Bolivian military for a year (even though that didn't really help much I think) I haven't heard anything from Elder N yet, I guess I should try to send him an email or something. I'll give you guys a chance to meet my new companion when we skype this weekend. The whole skype thing makes me all stressed out especially because they didn't say anything about it until last night at like 10 pm but whatever.

We have a family that should be getting baptized next week. That's bringing a lot of stress into my life. They got married like 2 weeks ago, so that was exciting and now we just gotta get dunkin' in the baptismal font. There are always a lot of problems that come up right before baptisms so that makes me worried, but whatever.

Yesterday we had some neat experiences. We found a new investigator who is living with (as a couple) a less active member. We showed up and started talking and the less active lady just started crying and she cried for like the whole hour pretty much. She feels really bad that she's living with this guy and they're not married and she doesn't want to go to church because people will judge her and they say silly things and stuff. I asked them "what is preventing you from getting married?" and the lady said "well it depends on him too" so I looked at the guy and was like "will you get married with her?" and he was like "yes" and I was like "THEN WHATS THE PROBLEM?" We ended up teaching about like prophets or something and I asked the guy "what do you think you need to do to progress on your repentance?" and he said "I think I need to get baptized" and I was just like "WHOAH WOAH WOAH, slow down there man, you need to get married first" hahaha not really, but that was super exciting to find someone who started the lesson thinking that he needed to be baptized. That makes things a lot easier. They both agreed to go get started on their getting married papers before our next visit on Thursday.

We also found this girl last week who works at a restaurant that's owned by a member. Her brother died a few years ago and her mom has a surgery today and she was pretty depressed and she cried during the lesson. It was super neat though. Yeah.

I've learned a lot about the importance of families here. Really, baptizing people individually doesn't really help anything. They end up less active one way or another unless they have like a bffaeae in the ward which is really unusual.

I almost got eaten by a dog this week. It didn't bit me but it was like all over me and I was like "NO YOU'RE NOT MY MOM" because of what I learned in radkids.

I feel good. I feel like in my last area I had a pretty steady cycle of depression and being really happy but now it's pretty much just either happy or really happy. I had to study a ton about Christlike attributes to get along with my companion and it's really been helping me ton to stay positive. There's a part in preach my gospel that says that feeling of anger and hate are results of pride, so that was pretty humbling. So now whenever I think I hate something I just tell myself that I'm prideful and then I stop.

We're teaching another family that has a date for this month to get married. It's the dad, his wife and their 2 kids, all of which are going to get baptized asap. The dad is amazing, i gave him a bunch of talks from general conference and he listened to them and after said "I really like the one by Elder Ballard" and I was like "that's right you did" hahaha

So I've been trying to get into like... sewing. My socks are like full of holes (plz send new ones ;(((( ) and I've been sewing them a lot. Also I made a tie last week. It's basically the most beautiful thing you'll ever see in your life, I need to fix it today a little bit but I'll send you a picture next week. Also thanks for the teeth whitening strips, they did help. I'll send you pictures next week.

Happy Birthday to dad.

Imma hit 9 months this month so that's pretty weird. We're only going to skype 2 more times after this week so that's happening.

Go have the greatest day of your life!

I love you, team!
Elder Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment