Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 10, 2015

So this week was kinda super hard but I guess everything got figured out.
Elder T was being really difficult for the last 2 weeks of the transfer. He refused to teach during lessons, he got mad for no reason and pretty much refused to talk to me at all. Like, I'm not perfect but I guarantee that I didn´t do anything that justified anything that he was doing. He stopped being stupid for the last like 2 days of our time together just in case we ended up having another transfer but it didn´t really help. I was counting down the minutes until I never have to see him again anyways :D

People tell me all the time that I must be trying to learn everything right now because after having Elder R as a trainer I must not know everything I should. It´s true, but I´m progressing. At least the president thinks I am because he called me to be A DISTRICT LEADER. PLUS IM STILL IN MY FIRST AREA IM GOING TO HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 6 MONTHS WHAT THE HECK.

Elder T left to Nazca (he´s gonna burn alive :DDDD)  and I´m staying here in Pachacamac with my new companion named Elder L He´s EXTREMELY passive and not particularly excited. I had been told that if I was excited he would be excited and that if I was depressed then he would be depressed. So for the last 48 hours I have been really pushing myself to be all smiles and way excited about working even though we´re cooking alive here holy cow. It´s actually been going really well. Elder Lipe is super cool and easy to work with. Yesterday we found 2 new investigators and put a baptismal date on one of them for the 14th of March. We now have 5 investigators with baptismal dates, one of which is for next week but I don´t think its going to happen because he´s not quite ready and we need the zone leaders to interview him before tomorrow so... yeah.

Things are going really well now. I have no idea how to be a district leader but the zone leaders called us this morning to tell us that we´re going to do an exchange tomorrow so that the zone leaders can train me on how to do my calling lolol. I guess they´re worried about it (me too) Also tomorrow I have my first district meeting and I´m going to meet the missionaries in my district and I have to direct the meeting and teach things for 90 minutes. Pray for me plz thanks :D

Not really a whole ton of stuff has happened this week. There´s always the people cussing at me in englishs in the street which is really annoying but I try to be patient. I almost got killed by some dogs a few times this week but I guess that´s pretty normal. Plus you would be suprised at how many people start crying during the lessons, it happens a lot.

Thanks a ton for all the information and pictures you put in the emails. John is getting old and Will is getting so big!

Thanks for all the support,
Elder Mitchell



No comments:

Post a Comment