Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 2, 2015

So this week was pretty neat I guess. We had 2 exchanges so I spent 2 days with other missionaries in our district. Changes are again next week, and more than likely i´m going to get transferred to another area and I won´t be sending you any more emails until Tuesday but we´ll see.

I´m really hoping I go to an area that is called Ayacucho because it rains there and it´s actually like, green. If I do go there it will be a 12 hour bus ride to get there but I think it would be great. There are 3 different like, seccions in this mission. There is Lima, Ayacucho and the south. I´m in Lima right now even though I´m in the furthest out part of Lima. Like furthest from the center. The south is from Chincha to Nazca, which is all pretty much just desert where everyone is dying right now because it´s the summer and it´s extremely hot and dry. Nazca is like at least 11 hours away in bus, so there´s a lot of potential for me to be traveling next week. I´m hoping the president will have mercy on me because I´m very white and the south wouldn´t be that much fun, especially for me. Seriously the missionaries there are walking through sand dunes when they´re outside proselyting.

This week we had a lesson with a boy named Moroni. His parents are sealed in the temple but the whole family is less active. Moroni got into EFY at the last minute so we´re not going to be able to visit him, but this week we went to his house twice. The first time was to try to get him to get inscribed into seminary. I brought all the paperwork. Now a little background about Moroni. Moroni lives in his house with his parents but they also live with his uncles and all his cousins, which are seriously all total psychopaths. Like, I knocked on the door and I started talked to one of his cousins who is like 7 but then he all of a sudden just started spitting on me. Like, spitting. I was kinda tempted to do something horrible to him but I didn´t. Anyways, all of Moroni´s cousins run around the house screaming like 24/7.

So we started the lesson with a prayer and I read a scripture about the what we can learn from the scriptures. Moroni had locked all of his siblings out but we could still hear a ton of screaming. I start talking about how the scriptures can bless our lives when we learn about the prophets when one of his cousins runs through the door screaming about how his brother is sick. Then his brother runs through the door like screaming and holding his chest and he´s like drooling all over and there was snot all over his face and he just starts throwing up ALL OVER THE PLACE. And he kept screaming and vomiting and walking around and vomiting some more. I turned to my companion and started laughing while I said "What´s going on" in english because of how ridiculous the situation was. The boy who was sick just kept screaming and he didn´t have shoes on so he had vomit all over his feet and he was dragging it all over the place and everything was disgusting so I was just like "we´re going to just finish right now then, i have these papers for seminary, fill them out and bring them to church on Sunday" and we finished with a prayer and we left.

Another time we asked this way old grandpa guy to take us to some references he had. He doesn´t really talk hardly at all and you can´t really understand him but I wanted to contact some people so we went with him.

He took us to a house where this lady answered who was pretty fat and her skin was like chocolate. We sat down and started with a prayer and started teaching her some stuff about the atonement. Turns out she has 9 kids, she isn´t married and none of her kids listen to her and most of them never talk to her any more. So of course she started crying and telling us her life story about how she has always had contact with her mom and she doesn´t understand how her kids never think about anything and they blame everything on her. We had an appointment last night but we didn´t go because we didn´t think she would progress and we have other people to teach that have the desire to come unto Christ.

Vasilia and Jose are still waiting for their papers so they can get married and baptized. They went to Nazca this week with Brissa with their clothes business and they´re going to see if they can get their paperwork there because that´s where Vasilia was born.

We had 8 investigators come to church so that was pretty neat. We didn´t even know most of them but we´ll go teach them this week.

Things are going pretty good.

Love you guys,
Elder Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment