Thursday, October 2, 2014

October 1, 2014

So I don't even know what to talk about because this place is the same every day. Actually I have some things but it gets really dull after a while.

Also, my flight is on MONDAY!!! I was told the 8th when I got here but apparently something changed. My flight leaves at 3 pm on Monday afternoon and the flight is 6 hours exactly to Lima. I have to get on the bus to drive to the Mexico City airport at like 10 in the morning so I get to travel all day. I have no idea what will happen after that so whatever yolo.

General conference is coming up and I'm excited.

Elder W got sick on Monday. His stomach was hurting him before he went to bed and apparently he had food poisoning or something because he threw up a ton and then was better so whatever.

I forgot to mention that I sang in the choir on like Thursday last week because some 70 were coming to talk to us. I had practice last Wednesday and it went fine I don't know.

Also monday last week was like Mexico day or something and there was a huge celebration and all of mexico shot of fireworks and played music and shot people or something because there were gunshots and explosions until like 6 am. There are a lot of noises here at night. There's a lot of dogs and stuff just barking and there are just explosions all the time. Apparently they think it's a good idea to shoot of fireworks all the time to celebrate saints or something. But really it's just annoying getting scared by explosions all the time. They're very loud and it happens all. the. freakin. time.

I haven't gotten the package yet, which sucks but maybe it will come before Friday. But I kinda doubt it. Oh well.

Friday I have meetings literally all day. Pray for me while im in meetings for 14 hours that day because it's gonna suck. I get a sticker on my nametag though that means im leaving so maybe it's worth it.

I get along with my companions really well. Elder W insists that the only movie that's good in this world is the sound of music so sometimes it's hard talking to him. Elder K hurt his ankle today playing soccer so that sucks to suck. I got my haircut again this morning because we're supposed to get it cut right before we leave because it's free and I'm a perfectly obedient missionary. Also I dropped off my suit and some ties at the dry cleaners.

Spanish is coming very well, I try to talk to Latinos a lot. Especially the ones from Peru. They're a lot nicer than Americans so that's chill.

Really there's not much else to say. I study Spanish literally all the time. 

My testimony grows every day and some days are amazing. I have to shave every day or else the teacher calls me out because I grow it fast or something.

I love you guys

Love, Elder Mitchell






No comments:

Post a Comment