Thursday, December 31, 2015

December 28, 2015 The theives are getting ready for New Years

So I guess I´ll just start this story with saying that I know that there are after-the-fact stories (after-the-mission stories) but this was super intense soooo I´m going to tell it anyways.

So on Saturday night we were proselyting all normal. Actually it was the 2nd worst day of my life where we had been walking in the killer sun since 10 AM and I was super fried and tired but still excited to go to our 8 PM appointment. So it was like 7:40 pm and we were walking to the appointment and a well lit, busy, trafficky area with a group of people walking behind us. We were walking at a pretty decent speed when 2 guys who were sitting on the curb stood up and ran over to us and were saying a lot of bad words and started telling my companion that he was going to shoot him and for us to give them all of our things. So of course the first thing that comes to mind is "I´m not going to lose my new scripture case" which ocurred at the same moment that I decided that I would rather die than lose my scriptures and everything. (uh oh) So my companion hands over his bag with all his things and I took my whopping 6 soles ($1.50) out of my pocket and put it out and said "here, here, here" in a desperate attempt to get them to take the money and leave me with bag and scriptures and everything. So the guys keep screaming like crazy and I couldn´t really understand what they were saying. They were both really dark skinned and they were kinda short, like up to my shoulder so when the guy took my money and told me to give me my bag I was kinda like "um, i think imma have to give you a negativo on that one, midget"

So the guys just starts freaking heck out screaming "DO YOU WANT TO DIE DO YOU WANT TO DIE DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!?!" And I was getting mad that these freakin´ idiots were even doing all this crap when all they´re doing is robbing two bags full of completely worthless books and a bag that says "Peru Lima South, Disciples of Jesus Christ" on the front. So I started yelling at the freakin´ idiot kid telling him that the bag just has scriptures and that I wouldn´t give it to him. So he kept asking me if I wanted to die while he put his hand in his pocket and pulled out something and started swinging it up and down like a crazy person. I guess  I had a revelation in that moment that maybe it was a knife and I imagined myself getting stabbed in the stomach which was more motivating than I expected. I still didn´t lose my things though and I have an extremely lucid memory of me looking down at this kids face with his mouth wide open yelling at me and thinking "he probably doesn't have a knife, I´m over a foot taller than him" and "I wonder if his teeth would get stuck in my knuckles if I punched him right in the face" but I guess my inner coward took over and gave him my bag. So he grabs the two bags (which are both really heavy) and runs away.

So me and my companion started walking down the street and I was all mad because I had lost my flippen scripture case. So I was basically raging pretty hardcore when I decided that we should follow where he ran to see if he would leave the bags in the street when he finds that they are worth literally nothing. So we walk around the corner and we get a good 30 feet before two guys on a motorcycle pull up in front of us and were just  like "HEY, here are your bags :D" while they handed us our bags. They then explained that they had seen us getting robbed but that they didn´t know if the thieves had guns or weapons so they didn´t want to get off the motorcycle to help us. So I guess they had turned around and followed the guys and got our bags back and then they found us while we had gone back to look for the backpacks. :DDDDDD So that was an awesome miracle and all I lost was my six soles. My companion then asked me "why did you give them your money?" because the guys who robbed us wouldn´t have taken the money if I hadn´t given it to them. So my companion kept his money and I lost mine but we both got our bags back so that was super cool. Also I´m not going to proselyte with my good triple until after new years because this time of year can be kinda sketchy I guess.

So that was the biggest event since our skype call on friday :D. Yesterday we found some new investigators and it was good but they totally just started killing us for Joseph Smith and they were telling us that we don´t need the book of mormon and that we only need the bible and then they totally FREAKED THE HECK OUT when I said, "well, first we have to consider that the bible isn´t perfect" which has tons of evidence considering all the contradictions and the fact that there are DIFFERENT VERSIONS of the bible so which one is correct? None of them because it was changed in the apostacy (read more in 1 Nephi 13) :D So that was exciting and both of the lessons actually ended up really good.

Sorry for making you all stressed out telling you my getting robbed story but I guess it wasn't the first time ahhahhahahahhaha

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Loves,
Elder Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment